Solo Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KBW, May 18, 2007.

1. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

I've heard some say they are great and others say they are not. Do you have an opinion?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 472, good for sidewalks, about as much power as a 26cc handheld.

3. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

I currently have an echo pb 650. It's time for a new blower. Do you know how it compares to a pb650 or something similar? thanks

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I doubt it very much, compares to my 26 cc handheld blower

5. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. KW

6. byoung

byoung LawnSite Member

I don't know, my Solo 472 is amazing - very powerful...that must be some 26cc. hand-held! Great on gas too, which is nice these days! Had nothing but great luck with the solo stuff.

7. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

I wonder why you don't hear much about Solo blowers?

8. byoung

byoung LawnSite Member

I don't really know. I've wondered that also... It's probably because they are a smaller company than Stihl or Husky-Max. They definately don't have the dealer population of the major names. Never been a problem for me, but I get it.The company's been making industry standard small engine backpack sprayers (very similar technology) since the 50's - maybe that's been their focus. Could explain their lower profile at the moment in leaf blowers?

They deserve to be more recognized though IMHO. Especially now with gas like it is. I use literally 1/2 the gas that I was with the 8000, and my 472 really is on a par power-wise, although, people seem to get irate when I mention it. Build quality (german) is excellant and it's really quiet too, and I have ear issues so that matters to me. I get worn out from really loud equipment. Very usable. Go try one for yourself, if you haven't. People who have them seem to absolutely love them, and people that don't have them get mad if you even mention it! I can't say enough about mine. I'm sure their quality will eventually put them around more.