Solo Cleanups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by BigMike450, Sep 4, 2009.

1. BigMike450

BigMike450 LawnSite Member

Anyone using a truck loader by themselves? Is working out well or is it a pita?

2. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Sure...all last season. It works out GREAT!
    I blow or otherwise move all the leaves to the roadside with my mower/blower trailer...then I go get my dump trailer/with leaf box and truck loader....vacuum up the leaves, and voila! Yes it's double the driving time but that's the definition of "solo"
    The only thing simpler would be having a helper to bring my dump trailer along for the pick up...

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If I were you I would get a wb blower and good bp blower (br-600 or equivilent) and a couple rakes. Put those in the back of your truck and tow the dump trailer at the same time. Then just use the blowers to get the leaves to the curb, the wb blowers will leave the lawn very clean. That would take the extra driving out of your clean-up jobs.

I had a truck loader last year. It really worked great, but the unit just didn't have the capacity that I needed, I was having to unload it far too often. So if you have a wb blower and big bp blower you should easily be able to do the clean-ups easily by yourself, so long that your container you are filling with leaves has a good capacity.

4. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

can you mount the loader on the front of your trailer??

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have my loader mounted on my plow mount, blows into 5 yard box on my dump insert. Pull a trailer with all mowers blowers etc,

7. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

DRM, do you have pics of that, thinking about doing the same thing.

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

they are on here....I will find the link

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I blow out all beds, behind all shrubs and little spaces like that. Then blow everything from the yard to my trailer. At the trailer I've got my vacuum system where I blow all the newly shredded leaves into my box and I'm off to the next job. Usually things don't work out as simple as it sounds though haha.