1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Solo dudes, what can they make per day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sedge, May 20, 2007.

Sole dudes, what do you earn in a day?

1. $100 to $250

14 vote(s)
  2. $200 to $350

25 vote(s)
  3. $300 to $450

26 vote(s)
  4. $400 to $550

16 vote(s)
  5. $550 to $700

10 vote(s)
  1. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

I thought I would start this poll to see what the "solo" guy can bring in per day on AVERAGE. Not how many lawns, as there are way to many variables to have any solid feed back.

My guess is some where between $300 and $450 per day average for the full timers or about $2,000 per week.

Thanx guys!
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, dudes don't get much over 20 / day around here, they're about in line with amigos and homies, most of the time we throw them a 5 or a 10, couple of bucks for beer, smokes, maybe gas money. Now once you get into the upper echelon, the elite and the high class yoyo's, some do earn substantially more, 50 / day maybe 75-100.
  3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I can pull close to 400 in a day.
  4. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

From the wording of post #1, I assume you're looking for the maximum that is possible, not the average amount.

The most I've made in a day is around $800 by myself. I've done this several times. But it was a 12-13 hour day. And it was summer.

Otherwise, two grand a week is a pretty full schedule for a solo guy.

Edit: You just edited it. Avg $350-$400 per work day in spring (6 days a week), Avg $650-$700 per work day in summer (3 long days a week)
  5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I can bring in $300 - $450 a day. I don't always have to work a full 8hr. day and it depends what type of work it is, either mowing or landscaping. I'm solo.
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh...well the most ive pulled in a day is 900....but this was not mowing alone...but on average in mowing...right at 400
  7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I did $850 in 9 hours earlier this season. It was like the perfect storm where everything just collided at once to create this great window of opportunity. I am in the $350 to $400 range now but I m hoping to bump that up in the next two or three weeks.
  8. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

So if 1 guy can bring in $300 to $450, then can 2 bring in $600 to $900?
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

NOT always true.....

Most solo's have 1 ztr, 1 line trimmer and such.......

it can be done but not always
  10. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

No. If one guy can bring in $400, then two guys can bring in about $600 or so. If two guys can bring in $600, then three guys can bring in something like $750.

What I learned is, if you have a three man crew and a nine hour day ahead, and one guy doesn't show up. You can still get it all done in eleven hours or so.

So then, why run a three man crew? Because if you run a two man crew and he doesn't show, you're screwed.