1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Solo Guys Yearly Income?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SomervilleLawncare, Jun 6, 2007.

1. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

This might be a personal question for some people, but I was wondering how much some of the solo guys on here make a year mowing?

I'm going to try and start up next year because the teaching market is horrible here in Michigan and I cant find a job. The job I'm working now only pays me about $22,000 a year so if I can make around that starting out I would be ok. Just wondering if thats an attainable number my first year, and also how much some of you seasoned guys can make?
  2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

look to have to live on savings the first couple of years if you quit work and go at it full time. Probably going to lose money.
  3. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

currently on track to gross 50k this year should net 50% or so 3years of records would confirm this.
  4. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

This is my second year but I started late last year. With side jobs and mowing I will be around 18,000 for 7 months and another 5,000 for snow plowing. I am not going balls out, growing as I get comfortable with everything. The one thing is my wife supported us the first 6 months.
  5. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

45,000 +-
    this message to short
  6. bigbear

bigbear LawnSite Member

it seems like a lot of you solo guys just aint tryin hard enough i made 70k last year (2nd) and should make around 90k this(if we get snow)he key to makin money is to not just mow grass its to do it all. i have my home improvement license and my commercial app easy and worth the money. An example is the other day i was at this old laDYS HOUSE SEH CAME OUT WANTED TO KNOW IF I KNEW A PLUMBER I SAY WHATS THE PROBLEM SHE SAYAS THE TOILET wont sto[p running in the downstairs i take 2 min to look in the tank. tell if she can wait 5 days ill get vthe part fix it when i come back to mow cha ching, door knob need fixed cha ching cabinet knob fell off well you get the idea. also i do back yard land scapes in winter and then just plant in spring, and build gazebos in winter too.
  7. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

My brother and his partner (both 22) are projected to gross about 80k this season. (together)
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I happened today to check my profit/loss statement from last month and I grossed over $7000.
  9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I grossed 2,000 in 3 days this week, But a lot of that is on the tractor.
  10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Grits, you've come a long way since you started. I'm not grossing that, not even close lol.

Congrats to you:)