solo guys.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K c m, May 20, 2007.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

I am an apprentice for a local union in my area. I am managing 40 accounts a week and pulling my hair out every day thats not sunday. How do you guys with other jobs keep this runnin smooth?
  2. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

It's not easy. It's called controlled madness. I've had as many as 60 accounts while holding down a full time job. I was only able to handle that for about 8 years. I had one guy that would help me out about 15 hours a week. I've been doing this for 23 years now and have slowed down considerably. Currently, I've got 18 accounts and all of them very profitable and located so that I can do 3-4 in one location in 3-4 hours. Usually do them in 1 or 2 evenings during the week. I am also able to take off early on Fridays and get my large 2 acre accounts done. End up with just a couple on Saturday and the rest of the weekend is mine. If you have so many accounts that rain will always put you behind you will never be caught up. I'm glad that I don't have as many accounts now. Gives me some time to enjoy life. I can remember arranging my accounts so that I could finish up the last one under street lights if need be. I feel for you.
  3. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

60 accounts and a full time job? Were you insane? When I had a full time job, all I had time to do when off work was to rest. Working 40hrs a week for "The Man" was exhausting.