Solo Handheld Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Travis Followell, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Are any of you using or have used in the past Solo power equipment? If so what did you think of it?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Someone on here has to know something about Solo power equipment.

Here's a link to their website www.solousa.com

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, I have a Solo Chainsaw and Backpack blower, they are made in Germany. The chainsaw is ok, the backpack stinks big time. I don't recommend them at all!!!!

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know anything about the chainsaw but the blower we used for a day was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. tiedeman

from earth

so you guys did take a blower for the day? It was bad wasn't it? :realmad:

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

yup........... It was a demo, we had to work on it half the day. I was so mad with the thing. I took it back shaking my head and rolling my eyes.....lol

7. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree on the BP blower also. Dealer let me use it, within 15 minutes or less I put it back on the truck, piece of junk. I'll stick to the 7001.

8. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I have a buddy who got me some demo slightly used bp blower and although it was super quite it was very underpowered compared to my redmax. i also got the backpack sprayer which is a hunk of crap....paper weight. The blower does come in use and it listed for 400 dollars and i paid 150 for it so I cant complain about it too much.

9. tiedeman

from earth

you were lucky that you got to demo it. I was told that it was my only choice since they were not making the model for the other brand. I took it back to the dealer 3 times to get fixed in less than 9 months, but they could not find anything wrong with it. Finally I told them that I wanted to trade it for something else (since they lied to me about the model for the other brand). He wouldn't do it, and basically told me tough luck.

Glad I don't go there anymore

10. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

hi guys,

sorry to bring back an old tread, but would still agree with the above comments? Is solo junk? I like the feel of them, and will be demoing them in the spring. I also like the price. Any comments would be great,

Jon