Solo Op/Part time Advise?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apexlawn03, Apr 24, 2006.

1. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

Part time solo op and our new born baby came 2 months early. Born April and still no return calls from customers? Not sure what to do. I have lost lots of jobs.

2. The Kiwi Lawn Ranger

The Kiwi Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

If it was me , I would write All my clients telling them the good news and explaining the situation, then telling them that you look forward to continuing your service with them. I did this last year when I had to go overseas for some family business in a hurry.

The Lawn Ranger
    Taupo New Zealand

3. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

We send a letter out every January, informing our customers when we expect to have a crew ready and the projected first day of service. I guess you could say it's an "opt-out" notice so they have plenty of time to tell us not to come. Otherwise, we do the work and send the bill.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Get a full time job right now where-ever you can preferably with health benefits. Now is not the time to try to start a new business unless you have a couple of hundred grand sitting in the bank to pay bills with. Starting a new family is expensive, been there, done that. Get a full time job and do the lawn servicing on the side until you can build up your lawn service to the point it is making more net money for you than the full time job. Don't forget that your net pay would have to include health care since babies fall down, get sick and have a million other reasons to go to the doctor.

5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly what he said. You dont want to **** around with your new family.