solo operator how long to mow 6 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apexlawn03, May 18, 2007.

1. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

flat lawn at local hotel with about 6 acres. how long to mow with a z turn mower?

2. klcArk

klcArk LawnSite Member

What size deck? Can you mow it often enough to make the most of each pass with the mower? Obstacles in your way? Uphill or flat? Trimming and edging too or just mowing?

3. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

trimming as well and not much push mowing not many trees about 6 and main building to go around rectangle shape. Lot size is 6 acres and open and flat. Parking area rectangle shape and drive way no ditches and no curbs. It took last guy 16 hours to mow with john deere 4 x 4 535 tractor and 54 in deck? I think with a z turn 6 to 8 hours mowing the trim with trimmer?

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That 16 hrs. is a misprint for cutting 6 acres isn't it, it has to be you could mow it a lot faster than that with a push mower.

I can mow 3 acres around my chicken houses with 2 power poles, 2 guy wires, 3 1000 gallon propane tanks, a generator building with a 500 gallon fuel tank and a incinerator concrete pad 12' x 30' with another 500 gallon fuel tank in 50 minutes and this is having to slow down for rock out crop areas.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

We mow a 16 acre walnut grove in 82 minutes with two 61" mowers.

6. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I call BS. 61 mowers mow around 3 acres per hour. 80 percent efficiency. You do the math.

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to know what kind of 61's you're using. I cal BS as well.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Impossible...even without the trees. :nono:

9. oak1787

oak1787 LawnSite Member

how long you guys think it would take to mow a arce with a 50" deck
    z turn

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If you run 8 mph at 80% efficiency it will take you 20 minutes on open flat land with no obstacles.