Solo Ops...how many yards do you average per day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, May 19, 2007.

?

How many lawns do you solo-ops average in a day?

1. 1-5

27 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. 6-10

58 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. 11-15

40 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. 16-30

12 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

So how many lawns on average do you solo-ops do in a day?

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Hey WJW. How've you been?

On my Monday run, I hit Garner, Cary and a small part of east Raleigh. Ten residential accounts but over 100 miles!! :dizzy:

Let's face it, how many I can hit in one day has sooo many factors. Miles driven and size of account plays a huge factor.

My Friday run only has two accounts but one takes 7.5 hours.:weightlifter:

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually get home from schoot around 3:00, so I'm usually mowing by about 3:30PM, I can get 3-4- 1.25 acre properties done by about 8:00PM when it gets dark. It sort of depends on each lawn how much growth, wether I can get 3 or 4 done.

4. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

On Thursday I cut the most lawns I ever cut in one day 16. That was starting at 9:00am because the grass was wet from the rain the night before.

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Youre so right! Around here...you get on the beltline...and go round and round. Thats how ya make money it seems...(at least Im not having any luck staying in JUST Raleigh)...but of course with that...comes 100 miles a day worth of driving...so Im right there with you!

6. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

I accomplished 5 yards of cypress and 5 yards of red-dyed today.

Plus the bed edging.

You mean mowing?
    I'd average a heck of a lot more if it would RAIN!

7. coif_kid

coif_kid LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

No wonder so many LCO's have trouble making any money. I do 88 cuts a week, grossing 2200 and I drive probably 200 miles a week tops. I can easily do 20 a day.

8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

:laughing: Hey you want a cookie?

9. coif_kid

coif_kid LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound pretentious. I just don't understand why everyone seems to be doing all this driving. It goes along with all the people who complain about gas prices. I just can't understand why everyone seems to be driving way too much to each account?

10. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you live in a rural area, driving that much is a must. I drive about 125 a week and on a good day can get 20 or so in.

HOWEVER, if I am doing some of the props I have in a rural area, 8-10 a day is a stretch because of the size of them.

Tighter routes help but they are not always possible.