Solo or employees?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by fastlane, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Not if you have multiple Personalities. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I wouldn't say it's more fun, but it's definitely more interesting. :laugh:
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I schedule my season for solo operation now
    did it last year cleared more $ and didnt break near as much stuff as in the past when I had a crew:dancing:

4. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

We have both

We have a store with 3 employes and lawn care is solo every one in a while i get some one to help

Charles Cue

5. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

Solo unless the job needs help....I can't wait til the day where I DO need a crew to get it done.

6. Mr.LaVere

Mr.LaVere LawnSite Member

I will be solo this season for the first time. Last 4 seasons have been with my brother. This winter though he took a full time job and decided to keep it. Plan to do all the mowing by myself and possibly hire a guy for leaf removal and lager landscape installs, but we will see how backed up I am...

7. socty

socty LawnSite Member

I found out a long time ago that if you get busy, working alone is depressing. You get overwhelmed, and every job seems to take too long. With one or two helpers, things fly right along, and if you hire wisely, you will make more money and have more fun in the process. Sounds like a win-win to me. That's my story and I'm stickin to it! One more benefit of helpers: You have more time to talk with customers if they have questions or problems that you can solve for them.

8. rickstang

rickstang LawnSite Member

Solo. Not worth the trouble!

9. Bushwhackerstll

Bushwhackerstll LawnSite Member

Socty u are right 100 percent I Jam 20 to 30 lawns sometimes into one day don't really break a sweat at all just riding in the breeze. Downs is u have to train The tards..... It def is depressing by urself but over time u can get these guys to run the lawns just how u want
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Element Property Mgmt

Element Property Mgmt LawnSite Member

i plan to stay solo as long as possible. i hire friends and pay cash for jobs i need help with.