Solo question

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by OrangeToys, Feb 4, 2009.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I dumped my last commercial account last season. It was a condo association. Total PITA! Not worth my health! Ive thought and thought about getting big, hustling commercial.

When it comes right down to it...Im satisfied with my little weed infested working class not very attractive lawns. They give a piss if there are stripes. They just want me there every week and they want me to talk to them and treat them like I give a crap.

As for help....Ill keep it all in the family. Son, nephews, brother... Thats how Ill run it...lean mean and simple.
  2. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

Perhaps if you had worded the question properly, you would have received your answer. The question as posed the second time is impossible to answer. What equipment do you have? Just the one mower? Are you using a backpack or hand held blower? Are you trimming or edging or both? What are the specifics of the job?

The best answer you are going to get is to estimate how much you can do in an hour and then take it case by case.
  3. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

your answer was answered several times, it's not what, like an elementry school, it's the size of the prperty.....most zero turns can mow 4 acres an hour, understand that doesn't include bagging, trimming, blowing off everything, I have a 2 acre lot, takes me 1hr and 15 mins to cut trim and blow everything, I have an acre lot that takes the same amount of time because they have a ton of flower beds, a long drive that needs trimming on both sides, which means I'm walking and blowing may have a 5000 sq ft' lot, ton of flower beds that they want edged everytime you go....great for you because you charge more for it....but that takes more your question was answered, maybe you just asked the wrong question