solo shirts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by greenn1001, Nov 19, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

ditto on the color. my company colors are the same as in my avatar. however my shirts are grey. I am looking to change to the mustard yellow in my company color and see if I can get them in under armor style, they breath so much better than my regular tee's

2. rocksrscott

rocksrscott LawnSite Member

When you order shirts have you ever asked for the Moisture wicking material?

This our first year we purchased several Under Armor Shirts without any logo's (the loose fit not the type to show off my gut.) the heat gear worked great. My 2 Cents.

3. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

i was thinking of getting the tan or red. i have a tan truck and stuff that matches always looks good! but i love red and no one around my area has red or anything like that. what color lettering would you guys put on the red or the tan??

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

First off spend the money and get a good catchy design for your business. this can be use on your vehicles and shirts as logos. I say this as it does not mean much the first few years in business but the logo will stand out more than your name will on your vehicle and shirts. You can also use this on lawn signs, yellow page advertising and other forms of advertising.
    Then when that is done I would recomend a min of:
    6 t-shirts for working in light color recomended we use ash or heather greay (same thing depends on the company)
    2 polo shirt embroidered
    1 sweat shirt (pay the extra for the pockets as they come in really handy)
    1 waterproof jacket get embroidered
    2 hats embroidered 1 to work in when and one to throw on when your having a bad hair day and need to do a bid.

Trick for bidding while working is to have clean hat and 1 polo shirt in truck at all times. quick stop at a telephone booth and superman never looked better than if you show up with sweat stains all over your t-shirt
    if they walk up on you while you are working don't worry about your look as they already realize why you are grungy.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

OH by the way as you grow and have more work you will find buying a min of 12 per person, per year will be better as you are always riping them on something or having masive stains.
    Don't throw those away as they are the ones to wear when you have to wear a rain jacket or sweatshirt all day.

Plus the bonus of having a company shirt is that you can write them off. regular work clothes you cant.
    Make it a company uniform and you can write off your pants and what ever shoes you require.

6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I believe in company shirts 100% .. if for no other reason then name recognition and safety for the home or business owner. Don't we hear all the time about the guy from the water company or gas company ... and how their employees will always have company ID and uniforms when coming to our house? This is for the safety of the homeowner, and their security of not being taken by a scam artist.

You're up working around a homeowners house, their doors and windows ... and this will make them feel secure in the fact that they know who you are because they see you and/or your crew there each week with the company shirts on.

Image man ... Image :weightlifter:

7. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought polos were too hot until I tried the coolmax polos from duluth trading co. I wore them all summer. they're about 30$ a piece, but sometimes they have sales. I got navy blue and still stayed cool enough in the heat. They breathe very well. Try one, you'll like it!

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, I had shirts made a couple months ago. Also some hooded sweatshirts.

Company logo and number on back, then also on right breast on the front.

Small price to pay to have a more professional image. AFAIK, I am the only company based out of my town which has company shirts.

9. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

once the printing is paid for you have unlimited years of advertising everywhere you go (stores,restaurants etc)

10. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You want effective advertising ... let your wife/girlfriend wear your shirts too. For some reason ... men seem to notice advertising on a womans shirt :rolleyes: