Solo Trimmers? backpack trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ColePyck, Mar 28, 2004.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Anyone ever hear of them, they are made in Germany and any country that can create the 5 series has my vote. http://www.solo-germany.com/english/inhalt/msensen_prof.html

My buddy says they are like 500 a pop and works for the company and says he can get me a deal on them, just wondering, they have some weird backpack trimmer too.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

At first I thought backpack trimmer ws a typo. Boy was I wrong. Weird but cool!!! 52cc.......GEEEZ!

3. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

I actually have an old solo trimmer that I got from my dad. I guess it always ram pretty good, I think I might give it a try tomorrow.

I thought that solo had gone out of biz a fews years ago, I guess I was wrong.

4. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

Looks very interesting. I wonder if they sell them in my area?

5. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

6. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

They are underpowered compared to others, like Redmax.

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

"They are underpowered compared to others, like Redmax."

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Husqvarna USED to make a model like this. I don't know if they still do or not. There were a few others around, as well. Personally, I like the concept, I just don't know about the wearability issues on the cable.

10. riden2low

riden2low LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I ran Solo's old back blowers and they ran nice. At the time they had the biggest engine, 52cc and were very light back pack. Now I run Redmax which is heavier but bigger engine. Solo's new back pack has a smaller engine now but I admit the Germany made engine do hold their own.