1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Solo Types Q for ya

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turf9, Sep 27, 2004.

1. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

I am a one man show most of the year I would like to find out what you others get done in a day and how long your days are.Personally I start up the show after dropping off the kids at school,8:30 at my first lawn at 9:00 and try to round up at 2:00 for pick up at school. On dry days i can get 8-12 lawns serviced in that time period.Just wanted to see where I stand comparing myself to you fine outstanding LAWN TYPE GUYS.
    olderthandirt likes this.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Now there's a sweet schedule! I wish I could get by with those hours for the sake of more family time. But it ain't happening, not yet anyways. More often that not, my schedule is...

Start at day break
    Cut 1-2 lawns, depending on time of year
    Run by home to take kid to school
    Back home by 8 or so, snack and go
    Cut until 2, pick up kid
    Come home for late lunch
    Back out until dark
  3. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Don't thinks its a that i would like some more to keep me out longer.But I see you are in the same boat and mindset. Kids will remember. Least that's what i'm told lol
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Kids are gonna steal your money and put you in a nursing home 1st chance they get.

5. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Spoken like a real pro Mac, by the way how are things up at The final cut Manor
  6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Older and Wiser, I hid what I did'nt spend so they keep thinking I'm loaded and treat me like a king for fear that they might loose whats not there. :waving:

7. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

8. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Do ya just quite half way though the last lawn ?
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's not a real comparison. On most days I only do 5 or 6 but it goes like this today:

6:00 am Unlock truck and trailer, get coffee etc...
    6:15 am Cut 2 small commercials that are next to one another
    6:45 am Cut 1 small commercial
    7:20 am Cut community property. This involves moving the rig 6 times
    8:45 am Potty break
    9:00 am Cut church 2+ acres including a 150 stone cemetery
    11:30 am Lunch
    12:00 pm Cut "Sippi Hole". 1/2 acre of the wettest ground you've ever seen
    1:00 pm Cut 3/4 acre residential
    2:00 pm Back home
  10. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

Up at 6:15, eat, do book work from previous day and on the road between 7:15 and 7:30. Mow 12-15 properties ( stop for lunch, a little fuel, some gatorade, etc...) abd get home around 5:00 pm usually. That's Wed. thru Fri. Monday starts the same but I do a commercial account first thing, then do installs, muclh trimming, equipment maint and whatever else I can on Mon and Tuesday. Saturday is a rain make up day or make some extra cash day. ANd Sunday is the Lord's day, and I almost never work on His day.