Solo Walker Leaf Removal

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by nosparkplugs, Feb 28, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have a dedicated Leaf collection trailer with Billy Goat HTR 1600 Debris loader. That rig took at least a two man crew, due to the Walker Purchase I am able to lower my overhead/labor costs. The Walker does a better job shredding the leaves our Billy Goat HTR 1600. This is a historic district in Downtown Memphis, my accounts here start at 350.00 Click on pictures to enlarge

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I kinda suprised that the Walker shreds them better than the leaf vac... I know mine do ok, but do smokin' good if I run the leaves over once 'mulching' and then run back over it and suck it all up. Of course it takes more time, but if there's a thick layer of leaves it still saves time and trips to the truck in the end.

I don't imigine it's a whole lotta fun unleading that load at the end of the day though! That's why I LOVE my dump bed truck... Though it's a lot higher off the ground to have to get the stuff into.

3. nosparkplugs

I have a 8 ft oak pallet at the front of the trailer, and a 30 ft 12,000lb strap use a clevis hook to tie off on a log in the recycle center drive off works like a live floor trailer emptying the debris takes one person, look close you can see the strap on the gate.

4. hanson's glc

hanson's glc LawnSite Member
    from mn

you need 4-5 foot sides on the trailer. nice set up. at my dump there is no where to tie to. i bought a dump insert to dump at the dump and at the job sites for mulch and dirt and rock. after buying the truck craft alum insert i will never go back to pitch fork any thing out of the truck.

5. MLC2

MLC2 LawnSite Member

GLC how long have you had your truckcraft? I have the EZ dumper it does a good job. I just don't like the weight and the rusting. Thanks MLC2

6. nosparkplugs

I already have a Dedicted leaf trailer with 8ft sides 8ft wide 17ft long & the Billy Goat Debris loader mounted on the trailer used my pallet unloading system to unload it also, used it for 3 seasons, now it just sits in storage lot. It works great on light rain days, or those Massive leaf jobs that I bid from time to time, you need a Laborer for each blower you run, I have found that I can do minimal blowing & then suck up the leafs with MT20, 1 crew member & the Walker. I am looking at a 16K GTWR Gooseneck Dump with 6ft sides and 20ft long & sicssor dump, I have folks calling wanting all types of debris, dirt, concrete, junk removed and willing to pay, cause know one wants to do the work, if it pays what I require, a job is never "below" our company.

7. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member