Solo's and Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chipk1, Oct 24, 2004.

1. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

How many Solo's here carry liability insurance and have you every had to make any substantial claims?

2. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

You should have insurance no matter how many employees; or no employees. Without it you are writing checks your body can't cash.

3. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Again the questions are:
    How many Solo's here carry liability insurance and have you every had to make any substantial claims?

4. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I'm solo and carry liability....but no claims....knock on wood.

5. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I'm solo and have worked for almost 8 years w/o it. I don't have insurance, I have something better, assurance in the Lord Jesus Christ! He told me "I'm in good hands with Him" :angel:

6. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

I'm a solo and I have a business policy that has both liability and theft. I have never had to make a liability claim, but a few theft when equipment has been stolen. I wouldn't think about not having it, especially these days. Another reason I carry it is because the state requires you to carry a certain amount in order to keep up your pesticide license.

7. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

solo for 5 years, had liability since day 1, have made a few claims for broken windshields and backed into a car with my ZTR, nothing over $1500.

8. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

I think Allstate said it first. ;)

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Solo operator here and no claims yet on my policy yet . I mow churches and cemetarys, I cant imagine having to replace a 4 footx 6 foot stainded glass window out of my pocket

10. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

Gramps,
    here's something better than Allstate,

The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121:8

Plus for additional info on assurance vs insurance read all of Psalm 91

Jesus is Lord