solo's. what do you do when you get hurt?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Oct 22, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i picked up my little girl yesterday and hurt my back. to tell you the truth, it felt like something came loose. anyway, i havent been able to move, let alone do any work. thank God the season is slow right now. anyway, what do you solo guys/girls do when you get hurt and cant work? thanks.

randy.

2. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

Bleed. :rolleyes:

3. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

It ain't no fun when this happens. You worry because no work is usually no money. Just try and let your injuries heal. Take a day or two off otherwise you may make it worse causing you to have more time off.

Wishing you well,

Phil

4. EMJ

EMJ LawnSite Member

Right now I am down due to a motorcycle accident. Casts on both hands. I have a guy I use when I get behind or to busy. He is cutting all my accounts with my equipment. I am paying him 10$ a yard.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Seriously... I just make sure I'm careful and don't get hurt. I'm not saying I'll never break a bone or need stitches... but in 25 years, I've managed to avoid both.

6. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I only cut a few days a week and landscape the rest of the time.
    So if i have to push back some landscape work to take a few days off it is not that much of a loss.
    Cutting just pays my bills.
    Its nice because if it rains for a day or 2 no one gets missed. just shift some landscaping around and your good.

7. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Get some hydrocodone and get back to work.

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'm very reluctant to take any medication for fear of becoming addicted to it. i've seen so many "normal" people become addicted to pain killers and its a vice i dont want to control me. if ibuprofen cant cure it, then i'm screwed. :laugh: or an occasional budlight.

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to be the same way infact I barely take asprin but I have some permanent back problems and medication really helps it.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am very busy right now, I don't even have the time to think about pain.

Motrin works for me,
    and yeah, get back to work. :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008