Some advice and oponions on startup

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Marek-n-son yards, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Marek-n-son yards

Marek-n-son yards LawnSite Member
    from TX

Hows it goin. I am considering starting up a yard buisness as I had to leave my hourly job and need some advice and oponions.

After calculating mow time, drive time and daylight times after i get out of school I figured I can do around 25 yards a week with sundays off.

As far as mowers im looking at a honda comercial hrc216hxa. Good bad?

Edgers stihl
    Blowers stihl

any tips or advice is appreciated

brmarek@comcast.net

-thanks in advance

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

# 1 this is NOT a yard business this is a Lawn Care Business make it sound like its worth money.

# 2 Honda is a great brand to choose have you looked at a larger mower?

# 3 Stihl edgers are great I recommend the 110 fs which I own it costs around $420.

# 4 Blowers I would go with the Husqvarna 145BT (what I use) cost is $300

# 5 Trimmer I would buy a Husqvarna 326LX they are great on gas and last forever and thats not a figure of speech the cost is $330.

Make sure of course to wear hearing and eye protection and get insured and licensed. Also if you want to do pesticide applications make sure to get certified and licensed by your state. And don't low ball your prices or another company might run you out of business quick. If you have anymore questions be sure to ask, and welcome to lawn site were happy to have you aboard!