some advice on kubota diesel

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tsi guy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. tsi guy

tsi guy LawnSite Member

I bought a woods mower it has a 21 hp diesel. it has 770 hrs, is it to late to switch to synthetic oil.

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

too late for what?

but the answer is ,no.

you can put it in there.

3. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

Why switch?

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

It's not too late to switch but you wont see any benefit from it. That little Kubota would probibly outlast the mower if you never changed the oil.

5. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

that's probably true. just change the filter every 5 years and just keep adding oil. probably add about 1/2 a quart every 250 hours. this is not what i do but i'm sure you could do it with this motor.

6. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

i change all my new equipment over before 10hrs, usually after I test the equipment out. If the Kubota diesel is of sound working order no leaks or "blow-by". I would go ahead and switch, a good synthetic oil will virtually stop engine wear at 750hrs. Use a good diesel engine flush to get the sludge out. with advancements in engine manufacturing, It's now common to purchase new engines with fully Synthetic engine lubricants from the factory.

7. tsi guy

tsi guy LawnSite Member

thanks for the replys. telling some one to neverchange there oil. I don't think thats good advice