Some advise for the young guns

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Guthrie&Co, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i know alot of us younger guys have tons of questions when it somes to billing, contracts, installs, and the list goes on. may i recomend that you get involved in some of the green and grow shows and sit in on some of the seminars. i went to my first today and i learned a good bit when it some to actually recouping the cost of operation. not only do they talk about this stuff, they cover alot of other aspects of the green industry. so if you can make a point to go to these things. doing so will help you in more ways than one and you will capture the true cost of operation.
  2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

In your experience wheres the best place to find info on these types of meetings/seminars? These things can never hurt.
  3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

Well i didnt know anything about them until i started studying horticulture at a community college. but if i were looking for something like this i would check with suppliers and see if they know of any sonventions around. i.e caterpillar is usually at these things toro as well. also you can look up the green and growin website and see what the schedule is.
  4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Join your state landscape org, in Ohio its the ONLA which I am a member of and certified.