Some blade questions for ya!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I just went to my dealer to see if he had any medium lift blades for the 44" HP Lazer. He says they only have the hilifts, lo lifts and mulchers for the 44". Would another place have med lifts that would fit a lazer? And are the blades by exmark anything special or are they just typical blades? Should I only stick to blades made by exmark fore some reason?

And what's with the terms I hear here on Lawnsite such as notched and soilid foil blades? What are those? And are those all the different types of blades ther are besides gators and any wierd unproven design blades? My dealer was saying the blades with that notch in them that he showed me are hi lifts, yet I thought those were discharge blades....confused.

And if I am using the micro mulch kit, which double blade combo would work best without using gators or mulching blades? my dealer said 2 hi lifts would choke it if I use them w/ the mulching baffles. Keep in mind I wanna mulch when you suggest a blade combo.

By the way I have a 44" LHP w/ 19 Kawi

Your help is already appreciated!

2. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Could anyone answer some questions?

3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to bring this up to the top, since my mower has similar stats.

4. Alan

Alan Member

The best I can come up with is that the blades on the Exmark Lazer Z are the same as the ones on a 60" Dixie Chopper. I got that from comparing part numbers in an aftermarket catalog, their part numbers were the same for both those brands. It's possible that other combinations are the same way.