some custom stuff pics included

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PatiosInstalled, Nov 11, 2008.

1. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

hey guys here is a recent project just posting it up quick

me and my buddy custom fabricated this stainless steel cooler then i veneered it i added a drain that goes through the wall and ties into the pvc gutter line and installed the hydraulic pistons the lid stays closed and with minimal lift from one finger it opens and stays open.
    also included are some shots of the patio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

3. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. I like the cooler.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

really like the iron gate, could use one here. (my place.)

DSCF0622.JPG

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Craftmanship looks good. I have to ask why the alternating colors of the wall block, and why only go horizontal on the last few courses?

6. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

im guessing when you built the wall you used one pallet then the next and so on, hence the color variation between the upper and lower half of the wall. from now on if its a wall, patio, whatever always use all pallet's equally so there is no color change, simple thing with amazing results. other than that, good work, the cooler is very ingenious.

7. PatiosInstalled

thanks guys your right it is a mixture of product the homeowner had several pallets of wall block that he got from a relative and we planned on having enough because we where only shooting for a 21" high sitting wall. once we built half the wall then we started thinking of building it higher and building the ledge and cooler. therefore i didn't have an opportunity to inter-grate the new with the old. however in person it isn't nearly as noticeable I'm thinking it might be the lighting or my camera setting that enhances it

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Alright, I'll be the A-hole.

Great looking work, the veneer turned out awesome, and the details look spectacular.

I don't like all the different patterns in the patio it-self. Makes my eyes hurt. :dizzy:

Like the sig states

9. PatiosInstalled

thanks the ideal behind the inlay is the same ideal behind an area rug on hard wood floors. once he gets some furniture out there it will come together much better.

10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

not feeling it.