Some customers are never satisfied..

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Scottscape, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

well I've did a lawn renovation for a customer.. tilling, raking, seeding, fertilizing, strawing. I told them I would be back after we get a good rain to overseed again. It has only been a week and the customers were happy with the job. After I left I get a call 2 days later and there saying "its not level and there are skidsteer tracks in the yard" which there are very few and no ruts just where the teeth of the tires are on the soil and we raked over as much as possible and once it rains it would take care of it, and if not I would be back to fix anything they werent happy with and still they continued to argue about how it was a bad deal and that us lawn guys charge too much. I explained to them thats the going rate for renovations (I charged $890 for 4800 sq/ft). I kindly told them that I will be back to make sure there yard is level and to reseed and to rake out any remaining lumps and such. They then said we didnt go over far enough. I explained that I went over to there property line and stopped and any further is there neighbors property. They then said that I needed to till up 6 more inches over and seed that. I hate this kind of customer and try to make all of my customers happy but this is a hard one. I'm sure alot of us has had customers that we just couldnt satisfy.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Had plenty like that. I had one that was fine me doing a sod job a while back. I was learning on how to put it in $850 for 400 sf and then put a cople of bushes in. Then I delivered some firewood at a later date she then tells me the wood aint good. Costs me $150 for the wood (which she didn't pay fer) now wants the wood hauled away for free also (at a cost to me of $50) not gonna happen.