Some customers that are priority then others!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Jun 19, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys out there have customers that you have, you serve promptly and quickly?

ie) I have a few real estate agents and a few home builders as clients..

When they need some work done, it seems like they want work done immediately.. like ASAP!

I line up work for other people, but sometimes I have to accomodate these guys 1st...

It's kinda getting troublesome with all the backlog right now!
    :confused: :confused:

2. BareFootLawn

BareFootLawn LawnSite Member

Priority #1 - Customers who pay above the going rate, tip heavily, or who hire me to do EVERYTHING without bidding out to others.
    Priority #2 - Real Estate Agents / home builders who deal me 5 properties at a time and customers who pay cash.
    Priority #3 - Everyone else.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, I have customers in three classes:
    1. year round accounts with total maintenance
    2. rest of the accounts strictly mowing
    3. every 10 day mowing accounts

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Barefoot - what if you've dealt with all, but the homebuilder / real estate offers you work and wants it done asap?

You schedule a job for Monday to do some garden bed, hedge trimming, cleanup.. its suppose to be a good day

Then the real estate / home builder calls you and wants work done ASAP, like on MONDAY AS WELL!

This has happened to me several times, but I explained to them I can do it the next day or I just fit it in on the same day and it takes longer to finish the other job!

Its okay, I'm just checking to see what you guys do and how you guys priortize..

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sir--your question is a little hard to figure but I think I got it.

you are asking if people cater to those with special needs for lawncare (I think).

and my answer is yes I do every chance I get.

GEO

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. Some are more important than others. Fact of life.......

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Condo Association that seems to need something extra done every Saturday, they pay well so we try hard to squeeze them in. They always comment about having seniority because we've been working for them so long, but we have had a lot of customers longer.

8. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

I have two customers that I always make a top priority. The first lady has her personal property and some commercial property. Every month she schedules quite a bit of extra work to be done ( power washing, bush trimming, etc) and she always pays within three days of receiving incoice. She never questions my rates or hours worked.
    The second customer is my favorite. She is rarely home and has a large property on the foothills of the Rocky mountains. She pre pays me for everything. I always make her my top priority when she calls.

9. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

No, no one has priority over anyone else to me. They are all paying basically the same rate and if they want extras done, they can wait until it fits in the schedule. Why risk losing one contract because the someone who they dont give a rip about is screaming murder because they were to disorganized to plan ahead?

10. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

When you let your customers manage your business and schedule you will find they are not very good at it.