1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Some Eye-Candy For Your Fellas!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by clean_cut, Jul 14, 2010.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully you guys will enjoy looking at my postcards... I'll keep this simple, tell me the good and tell me the bad.

ANY Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. Want to get picky about the angle of the drop shadows and size of the outline on the text ? Great!

About the bottle... I was playing around with my trial of Photoshop CS5 and followed this tutorial at tutorial9 hopefully you guys will enjoy it. (A tablet would be nice to make those curves in those background lines smoother.

2011 Flyer Front Online.jpg

2011 Flyer Back Online.jpg

Lawnsite Bottle.jpg
  2. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

looks good, but I would throw a "reason to read" like a special or sometihng in red. Reason I say that is as it is rite now, goes rite in trash b/c FREE, or ___% off doesnt exist on the card. Just my opinion!

Where did you have them designed and how much $$?
  3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, maybe I'll try "1 FREE Mowing No Contract Necessary (Below it in smaller print) and put "see details on back" and on the back have "1 FREE mowing after 3 mowings" or something to that effect.

I actually put the design together myself, I have nothing to do during the summer with school out, so I've just been playing around with this.

Also, the reason that I didn't put aa "FREE Mowing" or "25% off" is because I was going to use this as a general flyer and then pass out a black and white flyer for aeration and a spring cleanup flyer in spring attached to this flyer. Maybe I'll put 20% off your first service, with a maximum amount of course, to make the add more general.

Anyway... Criticize it more!!!!! What is good and what needs to be changed?
  4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I think it looks good. How bout making the grass a darker green? If you offer a free mowing dont give the stipulations just write call for details. I am not sure that I would put that you are a student. Although I am sure you do a nice job, people may get the impression of "some kid" doing the lawn instead of a professional. Your post card is real nice though
  5. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Hold the camera straight next time. Longer exposure on the shutter too. Kinda gray looking...
  6. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

Well I think it looks great. I really like you logo. Did you design that yourself? The card is another subject I think is great looking. Are you going to have it printed somewhere or try and do it yourself?

I maybe getting you to help me with my card, I am looking for something to past out to peoples doors. Postcard or door hanger size.
  7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Man, you have a really strange last name! Looks good. I might do something like that this winter.
  8. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't offer any free mowings this late in the season, you would be working for free for it!!! I would put in bold red "25% off" and then in fine print up to. You only have about 2-4seconds when some takes it in their hand to entice them to read it, if you can't convince them in that 2-4seconds to read on in the trash it goes. Free, large % off are all things that jump out at you when just browsing over something. Looks great overall, espically for doing it on your own! I wish I knew how to design something like that!
  9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

too much green. your letters get lost in the grass. you need some contrast..

fwiw no matter how purty it will still get tossed by most of the people who get them with out being read...
  10. Cutting_perfection

Cutting_perfection LawnSite Member

I would consider getting rid of the our company section, there is just too much to read. Your going to have peoples attention for a split section, make sure their catching something that will be interesting to them.