some guy mowing at 10:00 pm

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by beaver, Jul 29, 2004.

1. beaver

beaver LawnSite Member

I was driving home from the ice cream place at 10:00 tonight and i hear a lawn mower running. sure enough i turn my head and some guy is riding an mtd lawn tractor with the lights on cutting grass.
    im thinkin to myself why would you want the cops there for cutiing grass in a residential area at night.
    does anyone have any idea why he would do this

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've mowed at every hour of the day, mowed for 24 hours once because of the rain and such, just trying to get stuff chopped down.

But then again, all my stuff is commercial.

The people at the Country Inn & Suites didn't like it much though, 1/2 block from where I was working.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I used to live next to this women with mental problems. She would fire up the ol' Craftsman EVERY night around 9pm. And I do mean every night (or at least 5 nights a week). She was a real nut. After finishing mowing, she would run the machine all over the lawn randomly. Said she was trying to erase the stripes.

4. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

:D :D Is that the punch line for a blonde joke?

5. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I have a commercial property I used to mow on fri. nites from around 11pm-1am. Sure was a lot cooler in the summer. Then I went to a 60" Lazer and it freed up a lot of time. Sure do miss those cool nights though.

6. lawnmasters2004

lawnmasters2004 LawnSite Member

when i get a chance to mow the baseball fields around here for the state tournaments i will mow at like 12am - 1am under the lights... i think it is relaxing LOL

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like my next door neighbor.

8. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

right now we our average time for quit cutting is 9:00 pm be glad when it slows down

9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We mow until dark, and later on commercial properties.. If it's 10pm and its still light out, we're still mowing residentials.. The one's out in the country though, with no kids and no neighbors for a 1/4 mile+..

10. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

I'm usually sawing at 10:00 pm

Logs