Some guy was asking about tarps...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Another thread someone was asking about dirt and tarps and we moved 8 heads and here is how we do it....also, a pic of a wonderful repair that I found on a zone that worked for chit....wonder why that didn't hold?

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Whenever I'm called to the "green/brown" problem..we get the lawn guys to
    mow low first..easier to trench & store spoils. By the way, we call those blue
    tarps the "Washington State flag". Nice pics Tony!:)
  3. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I tried tarps years ago and found them useless. If you're any good with a shovel, you can get the dirt back in the hole without tearing up the lawn. A few sweeps with a leaf rake afterwards and it's as good as new.
  4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice pics tony..

we dont use as big of tarps but we use them @ all times..

I yell @ the pups if they throw dirt on the grass......I guess im kind of a stickler.
  5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We used tarps always as well.

Pull the sod off the tarp and flip it back in the hole, instant backfill.
  6. We use a tarp on 90% of our repairs....
  7. This grass was way too long w/out tarps....way too long.....

I use tarps if the grass is short.....if I'm just digging heads..I use a bucket...

Saves looks like you were never there...the little things make it easier for those folks to write checks for 95 per hour...;)
  8. No comments about the 1/2 inch riser and radiator clamp repair?
  9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Trust me, I've been there, since 1982 irrigation is the only income I have known.
  10. way works for me...yours works for you.....I didn't mean to make it sound like my way was the only way..this thread wasn't really for your benefit....

Ironic...your name I mean.