Some guys just are NOT the...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jun 19, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

... sharpest tack in the box.

Work order yesterday: "Dry area in northwest corner of field by fence with city park. I don't think the sprinkler is popping up."

Work order resolution reply: "Sprinkler was popping up properly. Discovered that 24 inches of leaves, pine needles and other organic matter was directly on top of the sprinkler preventing water from escaping pile and watering corner area properly. Removed site's compost pile from atop the sprinkler and it now functions properly as originally designed. Site has choice to make; (1) move compost pile somewhere else, or (2) use the existing compost pile area but don't put in further work orders on the sprinkler not doing its job."

Would of liked to have replied: "Fire your dumb-arse mother-effer site guy."

And, of course, attached the pictures of the "problem" to the resolved electronic work order. Site guy just about wet his pants when he found out I carried a digital camera, took pictures and was prepared to include them on the work order. :laugh:

Pinkham Zone A-17 Problems 6-18-07 IV-01.jpg

Pinkham Zone A-17 Problems 6-18-07 IV-02.jpg

Pinkham Zone A-17 Problems 6-18-07 IV-03.jpg

2. Frick

Frick LawnSite Member

You didn't offer to put in a 12" pop for him? ;)

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations on your 5000th post. Your hat and decoder ring are in the mail.

4. PurpHaze

LOL... it would still have been 12" too short to clear all that crap. Guess I could of run pipe up the fence post and relocated the sprinkler there. But then the oak tree branches would of knocked down all the water. But... I could have called our pruners to cut down the tree. :)

5. PurpHaze

Dammit... forgot the oak tree picture.

Pinkham Zone A-17 Problems 6-18-07 IV-04.jpg

6. PurpHaze

Yippee!!!!! I understand that a coupon for a free box of Otter Pops is included too. Now I'll either have to post intelligent stuff here or fully retire. :laugh:

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

"Old irrigators never retire...they just start licking the 24 volt terminals instead of the Otter Pops".

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats Purp! Ahhh and I remember when you were just a noob. The memories we share of the old days eh? Hahhaaaa
    That work order cracks me up. Bet you wish they were all that easy. Oh wow! I only have 10 to go to be even with you.

9. PurpHaze

LOL... Better watch it. Someone may get jealous. :)

Not bad when I'm working on multiple problems at a site. Kinda pizzes me off if that's the sole reason I went out there in the first place though.

Oh wow!!! You and Jon may walk down the "5000 Fanatic" aisle at the same time. You two would make a good Internet couple. :laugh:

10. PurpHaze

I like that tangy/burning taste you get... reminds me of some BBQs I've been to. :)