Some help please

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kickin Your Grass, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I need more room in the bed to dump grass and leaves. Should I build the sides up? If so, with what (pics would help) Should I buy a dump insert? Im thinking a tarp and rope to pull it out would work better then a heavy dump insert. Maybe I just need to build the sides up. What do u suggest?

[​IMG]

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I would NOT put a dump insert in that truck, it is a 4.8 right? No way. I think you are pretty much limited to what you have now. You could try to build the sides up a little with wood and mount stakes in the small stake pockets, but it is a 1/2 ton. You are pretty limited I afraid. Just make sure the grass isn't wet!

3. Kickin Your Grass

Yep, It's a 4.8 V-8. Why would I have to make sure the grass isnt wet? Are you worried about it overloading the engine or to much weight in the bed in general?

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate to comment Allen , i talked you out of the lettering :clapping:
    Mike

5. Kickin Your Grass

I'd rather get it right now then be complaining later.

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

7. Kickin Your Grass

8. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

We use several tarps layered like a sandwich or sometimes burritos. We will lay down a tarp, put on a little debri, lay down a tarp, put on a little debri and so on. It works well with the sideboards and the limited amount of leaves we haul away in the fall.

9. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I would mostly be worried about over loading the back. The 4.8 is a good engine. How much grass do you think you would be putting in there in a day?

10. Kickin Your Grass

Not a lot. Maybe a bed full a week. We will be filling it up with leaves during the winter on a daily basis.