some idiot put gas in my diesel truck at the gas station !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rats5656, Nov 9, 2000.

1. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

what can i do to fix this ? problem would like ideas ?

2. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

How bad is it? Is the engine blown, hope not.......big bucks?

A few years ago, I was with a company and the gas station had screwed its delivery up and mixed regular in the diesel. The truck ran like hell about 30 miles later. We went back to the station and they drained the tank and filled it back up with diesel (Along with giving a pretty pothetic appology). Hopefully, you can just drain the tank and refill it if you caught it in time. If not, I would contact the gas station immediately and screem bloody murder.

steveair

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

You gotta drain tank. See if someone has a pump that sucks out gas somewhere. or else ya gotta drop tank, my heart goes out to you for we run diesel trucks too.

4. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

this story is that i had half diesel half gas so ,,idrove for less then 10 miles and it shut off ....

5. landscaper3

Drain the tank your injectors dont accept gasoline and your PCM will send wrong messages and then your in big trouble, drain ASAP!!!!

6. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

happen last night dealer i bought to said they do tommarrw

7. landscaper3

You should get some stickers put inside fuel door that say Diesel only and go to a big rig shop and get a colored cap, we put bright yellow ones on that say Diesel Only it helps when new employees are driving the trucks.

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

What is the diesel/gas ratio? I have read before that it will not damage the diesel engine, just add a lubricate. I would call Diesel Injection Service at 1-800-658-9355 and ask them.

[Edited by KirbysLawn on 11-10-2000 at 04:43 AM]