1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Some initial pictures of early mowing/striping

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by 2ExploreTech, Apr 18, 2012.

1. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

Here are a few pictures of some early mowing with a JD f932. I am guesstimating that I've knocked down some 25 or so acres since March 2012. In fact a few of the areas were double cut (as in forward then back) since the grasses were tall or thick. Being a front mower I had the benefit of cutting the material before I drove on it. A good thing when working around briars, small thorn trees, and being able to avoid obstacles like rocks, ant hills, and woodchuck holes. So yes, in other words, I have used this machine as a light-duty bushhog (emphasis on light-duty).

*** Some tech stuff --
    The unit was bought last fall with around 780hrs, low for a 1987 machine. It has a 72" deck with high lift blades. I will soon use Oregon G6 blades. Gas engine -28hp (?) - It hasn't screamed for more power. The 2wd does well and the machine holds itself very well on steep ground, much better than the zt's I have demoed on same terrain. It does not, however, give any 'warning' to getting stuck in soft-spongy terrain. What it does is run fine, no spin, then you're stuck. Not buried, in fact pushes/pulls out easy with another machine. Still, wish it had 4wd...

2. 2ExploreTech

1st photo - This area doesn't look it but it is soft. Grass here was very thick. Area above stone wall had lots of briars and small thorn trees.

DSC_0926.JPG

DSC_0866.JPG

DSC_0882.JPG

DSC_0934-001.JPG

3. 2ExploreTech

2nd photo: the mower on side hill, taken back in mid-March

3rd photo: around a pond

4th photo: some attempts at striping on this rough lawn...'pickup check' - looks good from the road, but up close you can see all the mistakes and holes in yard. note- cones are marking out area to for minor construction, so that part will soon get all torn up

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice work. i would love to find me a mower like that for cutting overgrown stuff.