Some insight for a first time homeowner/hustler buyer please.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JCox, Feb 15, 2006.

1. JCox

JCox LawnSite Member

What may be the differences between the '05 & '06 Mini FastTrack 17/42besides the latter being $600 more expensive. My dilemma is I've got a dealer in town that I would love to buy from but all he has is '06 models for $3899. I have found a dealer about 20 miles down the road that has three '05's for $3299. All I am mowing is my acre of yard and my father-in-laws acre and a half once a week and not looking to cut any other yards. I love to cut my grass but don't like doing it all day and I'm tired of the lawn tractors. I have thought about a FastTrack 18/44 but can't justify the $1200 more for a horse and couple of inches more cut. I know the frame is beefier and the V-twin is smoother but the drivetrain is the same as a Mini, correct me if I'm wrong. Would the decks be any different in the year models and/or do the '06's have the new fusion blade setup? Please give me some insight as I have come to the place of the Pros:cool:

Thank for your time.

PS. I am only a couple of hours from you GeautreauxLNG, I see your ads every once in a while, what'cha got left. Geaux Tigers

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Nothing at all.
    The Frames on the Mini FasTrak and the FasTrak are made of the same material, thickness and size.
    The hydros in the Mini FasTrak are not the same as the hydros in the FasTrak, the FasTrak hydros are a bit heavier duty.
    The FasTraks do not come with Fusion blades and the decks have not changed on the Mini FasTrak or FasTrak.
    For a acre of yard, I would think your fine with the Mini FasTrak, this is what it was designed for, anything more would be overkill.

Pj

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

NO 05's left! We're into 06's completely! $3299.00 is really fair for a new 05! I would jump on that, you won't see that price again! The Hustler MiniFasTrak is a GREAT mower! I would RUN to your dealer and get your MiniFasTrak for $3299.00!

If you're bored on March 10th & 11th come see us! Our 2006 open house! Lot's of freebies and giveaways! Great Food on us! Since you'll already have a Hustler you won't have to listen to my sales pitch :sleeping: just to eat free and get some goodies!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!

4. JCox

JCox LawnSite Member

Thank you very much PJ, I have read this forum for months and only recently joined to get the straight up facts and not a sales pitch. I go home today after working 14 days in the gulf and will probably go purchase a Hustler tomorrow.

And Geatreaux, I would take you up on that offer but I will be back in the gulf working, I will however definately stop by next time I'm in the area.

Thank Ya'll very much for the answers to my questions. Till Next time, I'll be runnin' to get my new Hustler.sporty

5. JCox

JCox LawnSite Member

One more question, I went to the dealer in town to try and work a better price but the salesman wasn't there and picked up a brochure and it says the Mini Fastrack has EZT drives;) :dizzy: . Everything I have ever researched said definately stay away from EZT's. PJ, please tell me that this is not so. I don't want to spend the extra 1200 on a Fasttrack 18/44, but if I have to I will.
    Thanks, JCox

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have been using the EZT's in the Mini FasTrak for almost 2 full years, with virtually no problems.
    In fact we know many units are being used commercially and have they have held up great.
    If you use them for there intended purpose, they work excellent.
    Also, you have a 3 year warranty (parts and labor) to back it up, we wouldn't put that type of warranty on something we felt was going to fail.
    Demo one, drive it, you will see and feel that they are perfect for our application.

Pj

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY