Some Leaf Cleanup Pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GravelyGuy, Nov 21, 2006.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

This may be nothing compared to some of yours, but this was a tuffy for me being that I'm solo and the leaves were super wet. All of the leaves in the beds made it tough. I went at it with my Husqvarna 145 BP and my 5 HP BillyGoat. This one is big compared to most of my others.:walking:

mary leaf job 007.jpg

mary leaf job 005.jpg

mary leaf job 006.jpg

mary leaf job 008.jpg

mary leaf job 011.jpg

2. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Last picture

mary leaf job 010.jpg

3. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

so how long did the job take you and what did you charge for it?

4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

It took me every bit of 7 hours and I charged $240. I wouldn't be able to get much more than that around here. The blowers would have worked a lot faster if the leaves had been dry.

I also got a free lunch out of the deal. Really friendly people.

5. dozerdogue

dozerdogue LawnSite Member
    from CT

You did a very nice Job. On the other hand I think you way undercharged them $240.00 for 7hrs is kinda cheap.

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I have low overhead. $240 covers my expenses and makes me plenty of money solo. I have a hard time bidding jobs hourly anyways because people hate paying an 18 year old anything over $7 an hour:rolleyes: I made up a portfolio of some of my best work and it seems to be doing quite well this season as far as helping me to land jobs. These people are also full time service from me so they definately get a break on things. I mow, clean gutters, trim shrubs, power wash, mulch, aerate, do snow and everything for them.

7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I looks like you were able to leave the debris at the curb, right? Did you use tarps to drag the debris to the curb? Seeing the distances and the quantity, most likely your 5hp BG was not able to get them from the long distances to the curb.

9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Yes, city pickup and I did have to use a tarp. The wet leaves made the tarp fairly heavy. The BG sucks if the leaves are wet.

10. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

You did a good job! Solo? Excellent job!