Some Leaves pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, Nov 16, 2005.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Got to do a nice yard today, finally some real LEAVES, it was so good I had to take pics... While the leaves are still heavy in the trees, I concentrate on VOLUME which saves a TON of TIME vs. spotlessness which I can not achieve while they're still falling anyhow...

Here's the yard before (there's a driveway in there, too):

Ohhh YES !!!

LOL but first I had to edge it all out with the backpack, create a PATH for the goat:

15 minutes into it, I put the blower away and fired up 10 horses of JET which 5 minutes later:

And, 15 more minutes (running on ~40 minutes now):

Now the piles got HEAVY, so I 'row' them with the backpack:

There's 3 rows thou the 3rd is hidden, here's the first row in the background after it is piled (the second row is smack in front):

10 minutes later, the 2nd row is piled (going on an hour+):

(and of course leaves are falling the entire time, grrrr....)
    The last row is a real pita, the BIGGEST bunch and furthest from the pile:

20 - 30 HARD minutes later:
    (and yes man the leaves were FALLING the entire time)

But oh well, now for the backyard (and a small side):

At which point I misplaced the camera so I finished before I found the cam again 20-30 minutes later (2 hours now):

And, one last pic:
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Sure you got enough pictures now? LOL!
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

looks good! :)
  4. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Looks good man Ive got a few like those lined up for this weekend, where is that if you dont mind telling me, it looks like my friend's back yard...

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

How are you picking the leaves up? Leaf loader thingy and box truck? We dont use those down here in the South.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That was in a subdivision off Lucks Lane called Walton Lake or Walton Park (can't remember which but it's the same thing), Chesterfield County, VA...

The customer later uses a chipper to run the pile through (I think they have one at their disposal but I never got the details) which reduces them and I am not sure if they haul them away reduced or just let them decompose ....

I don't have a leaf truck but I know someone who does... But the cost of me cleaning AND a box truck appears prohibitive to most folk, I simply refer folks without any extra 'bonus' for the referral but it's not cheap to haul them via leaf loader... For one, the loader is 3-4 grand USED, then my labor rate on top of that, it can run several hundred for a yard like that, easy (thou it's technically worth it, try explaining it sometimes)...

Otoh, the leaves ARE in the wooded area, they are off the grass, one COULD dump lime on them and just let them sit ....
  7. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Yeah man I know where That is I live in Midlothian.. but yea those shredders are pretty nice my neighbor has got one and he'll run huge piles of leave through once or twice and then can spread um out a little in a bed and you wouldnt ever be able to tell.
  8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good! Just one thing though, you call those small piles "heavy piles." My 10HP Little Wonder could blow all of those little piles into one pile without barely breaking a sweat. I've blown piles 5 feet high and 40 feet deep for hundreds of feet into the woods or one giant pile (for pickup) with my LW with no problem at all. Nice job though.
  9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

You missed a spot....jk....:p

Looks good nice work, quick to for one man