Some Limestone Walls - Before, During and After

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Squizzy246B, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

I've been meaning to do this for awhile...I think Marcus asked. Anyway, these were demanding clients and they got pretty much exactly what they asked for..not my style really but the customer gets as they wish. Unbeknownst (sp) to me two guys had already been around to quote and had been sent packing after they tried to tell the client how it "should" be done.

The clients were building their dream home and were pretty much at the end of their tether with tradesmen. I think they were just happy we turned up when we said we would.

Anyway sling mud as ya see fit. Sorry its a bit long but a picture says a thousand:D

Before 1.jpg

Before 2.jpg

Before 3.jpg

Before 4.jpg

2. Squizzy246B

Heres a few of the during photies

During 1.jpg

During 2.jpg

During 4.jpg

During 5.jpg

3. Squizzy246B

and here's the almost finished result...if your wondering, there is paving with bull nose going over the steps.

After 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

After 3.jpg

After 4.jpg

4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work, looks good

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its all sand in Florida. At first I thought those pictures were taken over here.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Great pics! The work also looks great and that you put a lot of thought and hard work into the design.

7. Squizzy246B

Thank you for the comments.

SFL - apart from sand we have sand or alternatively sand. Just to make life interesting it generally has limestone underneath it.

The design was the mainly the lady of the house. She was very specific. Working out some of the detail of how to acheive it was a bit of a job but mostly straight forward. For the technical minded the lower curved section should have been on a larger radius but there wasn't the room. Additionally drainage pipework and tanks in the front prevented us from playing with the heights. They were happy.