Some Logging Pictures

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's a good size logging operation that is in the process on a jobsite I'm working on. They've got several skidders and fallers on this jobsite and 2 timberjack log loaders. Thanks to the operators for leaving all the equipment unlocked and keys in the switches I was able to get some great shots!

Here are some pictures

Cat 963 trackloader with root rake and grapple

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Timberjack and cat skidders. I don't know how the operators see out those windows?! I've never seen so many scratches on a window before.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Inside the cab

[​IMG]

Log cutting, limbing and stacking

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cab shots of the Tigercat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check out the size of this sawblade
    [​IMG]

Cat skidder

[​IMG]

Inside the cab

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the Cab

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course I could not finish out this post without an excavator! New 330DL

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and enjoy.

2. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

Nice pics!

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Does that 330 have the long stick on it?

and you know why the skidders have all the scratches all over the windows? because they werent looking out the windows either!! I would love to work with a logging crew, there's alot of them down here...

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Should have taken some of the equipment for a test drive if the keys were in them :laugh:

Don't see too many feller bunchers on rubber wheels around here. Grapple skidders are not used anymore because the mills will reject the wood if its embedded with dirt. I think its like that in most places because forwarders are used where the wood is smaller. Here wood is hoe chucked and a logging truck moves it to a landing. A forwarder would work for that small wood.

ttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Timberjack_Forwarder.jpg

I like the pictures too its interesting to see the way things are done in other parts of the country.

5. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That reminds me of Ax Men. Good show.

6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

whhhaaaaatttttt a Volvo joystick on that log loader?

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

All the fellers here are tigercats just like that one, there is one out fit with some wierd off brand skidder with narrow tires like the older skids that still falls with saws, There is another cheap out fit that uses an old 975 bobcat with a little feller on it for the smaller hardwoods and pines and then hand falls what the bobcat wont do...

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's neat, reminds me of the good old days, watching low beds haul logging machines through town.

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep, I wanted to fire it up and swing a couple logs but I noticed that the operator who had been running that machine had a boot print that was about 4" bigger than mine. I put two and two together and left his machine alone!

10. t190

t190 LawnSite Member

gravel rat are you on glue? skidded wood is not aloud? 90% of logging in interior bc is skidded, get your facts together before you speak. stick to talking about trucks, not about logging as u know **** all