Some more

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Green-Pro, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

A few more to go with last bunch

-Geoff

equip 5.jpg

equip 6.jpg

equip 7.jpg

equip 8.jpg

equip 9.jpg

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

how do you like the nor trac tractor?

3. Green-Pro

I like it a lot, I had borrowed my father-in-laws to do some grading and harrowing on a seeding job and really liked it except it was two wheel drive and manual steering. I ended up buying the four wheel drive with power steering. I live on an acreage so I keep a lot of stuff on site like sand, rock, black top soil, mulch, etc. I love the idea of getting ready for a job by loading the dump trailer with the NT and not having to take the time to drive somewhere to get it. All my suppliers are fairly close so at the beginning of season I did the running around and gathered all supplies to have on hand, any I didn't get myself, I had delivered. The tractor sure lightens the workload.

-Geoff

4. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

so its a dependable machine?

5. Green-Pro

I can tell you I put my father-in-laws through it's paces, was not gentle on it and it seemed to hold up fine. Now I didn't maliciously try and destroy the thing but used it the way I would any piece of equipment I own and what I feel I should expect from it.

The Nor Trac I bought seems to have a bit more power than his, don't know if thats just me or not. Anyway three cylinder liquid cooled diesel runs out nice, shifts smooth (like a tractor), hydraulics seem tight and work great, the hoses are all bundled together in a sleeve to help protect them and keep them out of the way. Northern Tool also has a lot of attachments for this thing, when fall seeding is almost here I plan on buying the 50" tiller.

I thought about a skid steer but in looking at the NT figured I'd get more use out of it in a lot more ways than a skid steer. Are you looking at buying something similar or the same? I can post some close up pics if you'd like.

-Geoff

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

that new pole barn sure looks like a comfy area to hang out. :D
    looks really nice, glade to see things are working out well for you so far this year.

7. Green-Pro

Thanks Stumper, yeah I do enjoy the pole building especially with a wife and four, yes four daughters ;) . I just had it put up early this spring, ran electric to it from weather head on side of garage (yep deduction for taxes) I rent the building out to the business as well.
    I do have my oldest daughter helping me, until she was out of school I had another young man hired to trim until she was done, gotta say she works circles around him, she also knows what and how to trim. Thats a praise the lord in my book!!

-Geoff