1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Some motor oil ideas for kaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Linder'sLawnCare, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Linder'sLawnCare

Linder'sLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a kaw 21hp and an oil changing is approaching. I am needing feedback so I can get the best oil for my mower. Thanks. And BTW I did the search function and still need more information.

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Go with a well known name brand. And, I would stick with it. I have went through different types of brands because some tend to burn quicker than others in a short time. What have you been using, or is this the first time?

3. Linder'sLawnCare

Linder'sLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

It is the first time for me to change it. I think kawi uses castrol synthetic, but IDK. What do you use?

4. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

Mobil 1

:weightlifter:

5. paulbe

paulbe LawnSite Member

Kawasaki uses their own brand of 4 cycle engine oil, not-synthetic.
    Go by your local Harley Davidson dealer and pick up some HD 360 oil--NOT the Syn 3--it is specifically formulated for aircooled V-Twins...good stuff!
    Paul

6. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Use whatever works the most important thing, other than brand (LOYALTY) is changing oil ''keep it clean keep it longer''

7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

On my dads 21 kawi I just use mobil one 10w-30 as I do with all of my engines. Dont forget to change the oil filter. :)

8. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

10W-30 from Wal-Mart. It's cheap.