Some new equiptment :) Ferris 1000z, Redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

got a 26cc redmax edger, 30cc "beast" trimmer/brushcutter with attachment for the end with some blades and Ferris 1000z 61" deck 27hp kohler EFI Zero turn mower, suckers nice, clutch is really smooth. You cant tell the deck is starting practically, when its on its not noisy at all, mows through anything. my first zero turn though :)
    All 3 pages of pictures below, 3MP images. Im much happier with the high end equiptment than cheaper stuff that is crappy as soon as you get it out of the box.

http://community.webshots.com/album/437604750rIuwPy

2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

27 Kohler=Carb
    28 Kohler=EFI

Just wanted you to know in case your dealer misrepresented the mower to you.

3. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought the same Redmax trimmer and it is an awesome machine. I think that I could walk through a tropical jungle with it. Incredible power and reliable line feed.

Enjoy,
    Doc

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Travis, thanks for trying to give me a heads up. I work on cars mostly and would have to go double check. But my manual has the exact model # listed for the kohler engine, 740 series 27hp, shows a tiny fuel pump mounted on the side, it has a throttle body and a high pressure fuel rail and 2 fuel injectors, trust me i was shocked when i saw that too, ive never seen a mower with gas advertised EFI but im sure some high end models are now, since liquid cooled and deisel sell the most in "fancy" models im sure they dont even bother to say that, ill have to go look on the motor up close to make sure its got all things the diagrams say they do, Im sure ive already seen the fuel pump at least but it could be something else in that shape. :(

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Which model did you get? i originally was "wanting" but not needing a 30cc version, the dealer said even their 25/26 cc was more powerful than cheap 30cc ones. I wanted a brushcutter 30cc+ from say echo or someone. But what i did is get the Redmax 30cc beast trimmer, looks like all other redmax trimmer but has balls of steel lol. I used it today for a few minutes after getting the 60 tooth blade attachment for it, man does that knock down some stuff! i was chopping up 1/2" thick hard 4' tall weeds and you didnt even know you hit the weed asside from the sawblade sound like when your running plywood through a table saw. no matter how fast i moved the brush cutter head through the weeds, it took down all in its path, ill have no problem tomorrow for this big job with 7' tall weeds! After that ill remount the trimmer line and use that as my new primary trimer too.