Lawn Care Forum banner

Some new Fluid Film Pics

8K views 38 replies 6 participants last post by  DLAWNS 
#1 ·
My Exmark 48" Navigator deck after cutting everything from tall wet grass to wet nasty leaves. And the garage door at my shop was so hard to open and was so loud, so I sprayed the rollers, track, and hinges and it's so much quieter, smoother, and when you pick up on the door with very little force, it flies right up! Gotta love the stuff!

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Wood Table Wood stain Automotive exterior Line

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Gas Plank

Wood Gas Tints and shades Paint Metal

See less See more
#9 ·
same here dano, just the little red x for your sig line.

Hey D my man, great looking deck underside pics, and how often do you re apply your FF to the deck? I am starting out this year with new mowers and am going to coat them here soon and be ready for spring. we will see how it does for me

#10 ·

Hey D my man, great looking deck underside pics, and how often do you re apply your FF to the deck? I am starting out this year with new mowers and am going to coat them here soon and be ready for spring. we will see how it does for me
Did I read somewhere you got THREE new mowers for this season?

#11 ·
yes you did, three new grandstands. all of our equipment is newer than a few years though. I might just do more mower decks with it if it proves to be usefull and worth the effort and time it takes etc. so far though, FF has been impressing me left and right.

i am gonna get the blades off soon and sharpen them so they are totally ready to mow, as with sharp blades on all mowers. everything is already to mow except that aspect. we got a new sharpener(magna matic) and have not finished setting the final resting place for it yet. once we get it right where we want it and the vaccum set up for it, we will sharpen all of our blades and i am going to scrape and sand them all, then FF them too after seeing pics of the less buildup on them.

#13 ·
Oh man, I love these threads!
I love when I actually remember to snap some pics...if I remembered to take pics everytime I used it though, I would fill a memory card! lol

Hey Bill, the 9 house clean up pics look great! Nice job on that ground cover, I hate trying to do clean ups in Ivy!!
Thanks man. I use the Redmax 8050 and another guy uses the Redmax 7100. We found that usually blasts the leaves out of the ivy and pachysandra.

That's weird, I don't see the red x.

Thanks Grassman! First off nice purchase on the three Grandstands! I love it! Here is my advice......the first application apply it pretty heavy. Let it soak in for at least a day if not more than I usually reapply when I change blades. (A bit less is used on reapplications) You will see as you go that you don't need as much unless you are really constantly going through some really heavy stuff. Give it a chance......if it doesn't seem to work the first app don't give up. Give it a chance to soak into the metal and a few cuttings in you will definitely see it start to work. I pull my blades off the mower, scrape the tiny bit of accumulation if any, than put sharp blades on and spray it all down! Let me know if you have any other questions bro...I'll do my best to answer anything..

#14 ·
yes you did, three new grandstands. all of our equipment is newer than a few years though. I might just do more mower decks with it if it proves to be usefull and worth the effort and time it takes etc. so far though, FF has been impressing me left and right.

i am gonna get the blades off soon and sharpen them so they are totally ready to mow, as with sharp blades on all mowers. everything is already to mow except that aspect. we got a new sharpener(magna matic) and have not finished setting the final resting place for it yet. once we get it right where we want it and the vaccum set up for it, we will sharpen all of our blades and i am going to scrape and sand them all, then FF them too after seeing pics of the less buildup on them.
I cannot say enough good things about the Magna-matic either! I credit Lawnsite with introducing me to Fluid Film and Magna-Matic and both have made my life so much easier!

#15 ·
Yup, i change blades every single day man, so that is a bit too often to spray the decks, and we by far cut thru some heavy SH*^= !!! it would be wise i think to give it a fair trial to do it now, very heavy and it will soak in over the next couple of months.

Then scrape after the first several days of mowing, and reapply then heavy.

Big problem is, we change all blades in the moring before going out. I have not found the dicipline to do it at night after a very long day! so, with that in mind, does doing it after a while like you say do good with a morning of reapplication spritz?

#16 ·
Yup, i change blades every single day man, so that is a bit too often to spray the decks, and we by far cut thru some heavy SH*^= !!! it would be wise i think to give it a fair trial to do it now, very heavy and it will soak in over the next couple of months.

Then scrape after the first several days of mowing, and reapply then heavy.

Big problem is, we change all blades in the moring before going out. I have not found the dicipline to do it at night after a very long day! so, with that in mind, does doing it after a while like you say do good with a morning of reapplication spritz?
You shouldn't need to apply everyday than. For the amount of lawns that we are cutting I change mine 1-2x a week so it's not nearly as frequent. I do plenty of reapplications in the morning. It definitely still helps. Sometimes I change them at night and sometimes in the morning. I prefer to use the gallons form of it with the undercoating gun for my heavy apps and the cans for quick shots here and there.

#17 ·
i could never let my blades go that long!!!!

i love fresh razor sharp blades. the new toro blades might last two days, but dont know. i dont have much experience using the hardened blades, our kubota blades fromt eh factory are hardened, but we like the aftermarket better with low lift and they are not hardened.

anyways, i think after 8 hrs on any amount of lawns on regular blades is time to sharpen. there is alot of guys here that only sharpen once per week too. i dont get it, these guys lawns have that white appearance after cutting due to the dullness.

#18 ·

i love fresh razor sharp blades. the new toro blades might last two days, but dont know. i dont have much experience using the hardened blades, our kubota blades fromt eh factory are hardened, but we like the aftermarket better with low lift and they are not hardened.

anyways, i think after 8 hrs on any amount of lawns on regular blades is time to sharpen. there is alot of guys here that only sharpen once per week too. i dont get it, these guys lawns have that white appearance after cutting due to the dullness.
That's crazy! lol I cut Tuesday through Friday and usually change them Wednesday night and Monday night or Tuesday morning. I can say that some times they could use a change but that most of the times they are still pretty sharp, but at that point I just swap them out anyway. Of course in the heavy growing season in the spring they get changed even more frequently. The once a week changes are pretty much when things are a lot drier in late summer and things get a little slower. I think you re cutting way more grass than I am. I honestly think I would be wasting my time sharpening that much.

#19 ·

I'm with you. I try to hit 12 lawns, max. I guess it's an obsessive thing.

#20 ·
I'm thinking the reason mine don't need it everyday also is because I'm one guy using three different mowers. So each mower is only used on a few houses a day. That's the only thing I can think of. I am obsessive about things (why i can't keep an employee, lol) but just think it would be overkill in my situation.

#22 ·
I'm thinking the reason mine don't need it everyday also is because I'm one guy using three different mowers. So each mower is only used on a few houses a day. That's the only thing I can think of. I am obsessive about things (why i can't keep an employee, lol) but just think it would be overkill in my situation.
Same here, One operator multiple mowers. But 8 hours on the clock is a more accurite measurment anyway than just saying it was used for an 8 hour work day.

I change/sharpen my blades on my 61" 2 to 3 times a week, depends on the cutting conditions and season. The 48" walker 1 or 2 times, and usually even if just once a week the blades aren't what anyone would consider dull! It's not for lack of use, it's just the walker is never, or rarely subjected to anything other than fine turf.

Not sure how the FF thread got turned into a blade sharpening thread... lol Oh, I love fluid film as well! Speaking of which I need to get to my JD dealer and pick up a few cans again!

#24 ·
Same here, One operator multiple mowers. But 8 hours on the clock is a more accurite measurment anyway than just saying it was used for an 8 hour work day.

I change/sharpen my blades on my 61" 2 to 3 times a week, depends on the cutting conditions and season. The 48" walker 1 or 2 times, and usually even if just once a week the blades aren't what anyone would consider dull! It's not for lack of use, it's just the walker is never, or rarely subjected to anything other than fine turf.

Not sure how the FF thread got turned into a blade sharpening thread... lol Oh, I love fluid film as well! Speaking of which I need to get to my JD dealer and pick up a few cans again!
Ok...I was starting to think I was a scrub for not sharpening enough! lol:laugh:

I think I kinda got my own thread off topic...lol

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.