Some new Fluid Film Pics

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by DLAWNS, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

You could be onto something there! (The multiple mower thingy)
  2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, One operator multiple mowers. But 8 hours on the clock is a more accurite measurment anyway than just saying it was used for an 8 hour work day.

I change/sharpen my blades on my 61" 2 to 3 times a week, depends on the cutting conditions and season. The 48" walker 1 or 2 times, and usually even if just once a week the blades aren't what anyone would consider dull! It's not for lack of use, it's just the walker is never, or rarely subjected to anything other than fine turf.

Not sure how the FF thread got turned into a blade sharpening thread... lol Oh, I love fluid film as well! Speaking of which I need to get to my JD dealer and pick up a few cans again!
  3. Lefet

Oh he HAD to mention the FF again!! I need to get away from this paperwork so I can put my order in for the kit. The paint cans with the spray gun!!!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Ok...I was starting to think I was a scrub for not sharpening enough! lol:laugh:

I think I kinda got my own thread off
  5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is actually interesting stuff.
  6. Lefet

7. Lefet

Dano!! No more RED X!!!!!
  8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i can see your guys reasonings for not sharpening as much as me. it makes perfect sense. we cut 25-40 lawns per day depending on where they are and how big etc, per crew i might add.

this makes me wonder just how much FF i will have to use in order for it to be ultra effective at keeping the underside of the deck clean or at least much easier to clean if some buildup occurs.

i put some on my garage rails today at home, much better.

i wish i had waited to put it on the shrub trimmers though, made sharpening today a bisnitch!!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

You might have to use a bit more for the more grass that you cut than should still be worth it to you....but you might find out the cost isn't worth it for that app....try it will see what works for ya! You might find that even giving them a good coating once a month will substantially reduce buildup. I am VERY curious to see your results though!

The garage rails is one of my new favorite apps, lol. I can see the hedge trimmers being a bi*ch to sharpen after ffing them though. You're getting a little overzealous there! hahaha:laugh:
  10. Lefet

I think he's going to need that Tuesday night meeting Bill!!!