1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

some new stuff

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KE-llc, Oct 8, 2010.

1. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Not to be mean, rude, etc but why do you keep buying and selling your stuff when you could just keep it and make a lot more money ?
  2. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

Not to be rude but why ask a question like then when you have no idea what you're speaking about?

Please enlighten me, what have I sold that I could've kept and made more money with?

What you guys on here fail to realize is I buy most of my stuff at amazing deals, I buy it, run it, and sell it for a profit or at-least break even.

You do not know what I pay for things, you don't know my books. Now please tell me what I've sold that I've lost money on?

And I'm sorry if you don't believe me or if you think I'm being mean....I'm not trying to be. But for some reason guys on here don't seem to believe you can buy something cheap, use it and then sell it for more.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, I didn't know that, now it makes perfect cense. I just buy stuff then when it's older I'll keep it as a backup unit in case something goes wrong.
  4. KE-llc

Here's a new website. Please critique the hell outta it!! All the photos on there are mine, except for the ford w/ boss plow.

Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looked over all the pages, I like it. Real good site man.
  6. KE-llc

thanks austin. btw if you click on the photos they blow up full size.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. dtriv89

dtriv89 LawnSite Member

The website looks great man, real professional. Most of the other websites I've seen of guys on lawnsite are pretty low quality and half the words are spelled wrong
  8. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Website does look very good. Except for the photoshop on the Ford the lettering goes right across the door seam. LOL Only reason I saw that was because you mentioned it wasn't yours and I saw the lettering on it and figured it was photoshoped. But on a serious note it looks very good. I'm not too familiar with websites so maybe you can fill me in, Do you buy the domain name and own it forever or pay every few years for the domain name? Just wondering because I want to set up a website soon.
  9. KE-llc

you pay yearly but you can prepay. I was going to use one of my photos for a truck plowing but it didn't fit right.
  10. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Jared: I like the site. It has a quality look and feel to it. A few specifics: (1) the "Service Areas" at the bottom of each page is getting cut off at the top; (2) the pics in the Commercial section appear to be from residential properties. Even if you have to go out and get some pics that are not yours, I believe you should illustrate something that's relevant to your intended audience; (3) the last sentence in the second paragraph in the "About Us" section appears to be from a brochure -- delete or edit. Have you given any thought to adding an electronic payment portal on the site?