Some nice set ups.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

A couple nice rigs I saw this weekend.:laugh:

dsc00160.jpg

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

3. Phil Egnatz

Phil Egnatz LawnSite Member

Hold on im about to pass out in laughter is that a monty wards i see low over head shi#@$@#y job lol :dizzy:

4. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

in henderson there are a couple of old guys that walk around with a push mower. it has a 2 gallon gas tank strapp to the front of it. they wont let anyone pay them in anything but cash. they dont want it to mess up their social security.

there are also 3 black guys that ride around in an old beat up truck with one push mower and one trimmer, i dont know what the third guy does.

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Grass-Slayer:

The "third guy" probably owns the company...someone has to supervise the crew, don't they? :D

Well, gotta get to work now:

[​IMG]

;)

6. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Here in Memphis, TN I'll occassionally see a whole group of mexican workers and their real "nice setups". Usually around 8 of em' 4 stacked inside the cab of an old f100 pickup and the other 4 sitting in the bed of the pickup. Behind the truck is a rusted out trailer that has like 6 to 7 pushmowers (central park, murray, crapsman, etc)and some homelite, and weedeater brand trimmers, if your LCO is in the south you'll know what im talkin about!!LOL

7. corban

corban LawnSite Member
    from K.C. Mo

I don't have any pictures but there's a guy in my neigborhood that drives only his 36" ztr around with the trimmer in his lap.
    I guess thats what you do when you can't get a driver's license.

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Why do people think just cause they have a car and mower they are a landscaper and they canjust jump in the game???? I always wondered.:confused: I guess they think it is an easy job and easy money.

9. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Nah, most are gone by summer , when they melt away from the heat.

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Got a few of these types around town. One I get a kick out of is a 80's safety orange Toyota ext. cab pickup with alittle lift and chrome wheels that has a magnetic sign on the drivers door only, saying
    "Affordable mowing"
    "Lowest prices"
    (then ph. no.)
    then it has a little 4x8 or so trailer with chrome spoked wheels and has an old Toro 21" SP rear bagger mower and a blower in pickup bed, once saw a old Massey Ferguson garden tractor stuffed in that trailer with the push mower.
    Saw another guy who was mowing at a church with the church's ancient Mont. Wards GT but used his trimmer he brough in the trunk of his older Cadillac! LOL got a big kick out of that. Was an older 'retired' guy. Was probably a church member who did it for free and just used his trimmer because the church didn't have one but it was funny just the same.
    I guess I might look like one of these types but the rig is a '92 Ford van (one ton truck underneath) very nice looking with a '98 6x12 trailer (also nice looking) Homelite trimmer, Toro 21" SP mowers, and a '89 Toro rear engine rider. Doesn't look too fancy but you know it's the work that counts. If this work don't look professional to you i'm sorry, but my customers like it, so it works for me!
    Eric

2.jpg