some of my equip. & work...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Up North, Jul 8, 2004.

1. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a nice set-up, good luck.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Up North - Where do you go riding?? with the sled? Up around Bemidji?

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Lwnmwrman22,
    Yeah we ride all over around here. I leave right from my house, I have 15 acres that borders 160 acres of state land. Plus I have the Paul Bunyan State trail a 1/2 mile down the road that will take me to Brainerd or Lake of the Woods. The riding was awesome last year, if you ever want to go let me know.

Buck

4. LwnmwrMan22

Up North -

Yeah, we were up there 4 times last year, driving through on our way to Red Lake. My wife and I picked up a couple of Polaris XLT from my cousin that had to dump them, but we never got very far away from the house.

Hard to plan anything when you plow snow, especially down here where you have to start plowing at 1".

5. Up North

from MN

Lwnmwrman22,
    What resort do you head out of on Red? I use Roger's & Hillman's mostly. Don't know what will happen with Hudek's as the owner got caught selling drugs big time and lost the resort...

Will be doing snowplowing this year too, but at least I'm already here so after plowing I can hit the trails or head up for a few crappies. Have a good weekend.

Buck

6. Up North

from MN

Cleancutlawns,
    A little better pic, the buck is nothing huge but my grandfather shot this buck in the 1940's with the bow & arrows that sit in the rack. It was the first buck shot in that particular county by a bow.

My first bow kill is the rack to the left, nothing big but for my first with a bow I decided to take him.

Have a good weekend all, I have to go do my last lawn for the week and then I'll be tipping a beer.

Buck

7. Up North

from MN

Got to thinking about that beer too much, forgot the pic.

office4.gif

8. LwnmwrMan22

Up North -

Nothing but Rogers. After driving 4 1/2 hours, I want to hit the lake as quick as possible. :)

Last year my dad and I went up, headed out on the lake after it had drifted some and got stuck. Finally after shoveling and rocking the truck back and forth, we decided to drill a hole right there and see if there were any fish.

Had our limit in 2 hours, after catching the first 15 in 30 minutes :)

That was 2 in the afternoon. We were back in Blackduck at 5, eating at the Legion.