Some of my old flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is some of my old flyers, Dug these out of of the files...

first flyer.jpg

second flyer.jpg

third flyer.jpg

4th flyer.jpg

5th flyer.jpg
  2. Rons Rightway Lawncare

a few more......... and one I grabbed out of someones mailbox

6th flyer.jpg

someone elses flyer.jpg
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Man some of those flyers are cheesy...It's nice to look back to where you came from. I was looking at one of mine from 2000 the other day. GOD....what was I thinking, But I was only like 15
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I know what you mean, hard to believe less really is better.
  5. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

I look back at some of my old flyers and business cards and get a good laugh. I now keep everything plain and simple
  6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

WOW ... only $65.00 a month! Not one of my customers :nono:

7. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Yeap, that other flyer was what I had to work against down in Florida.... One of the reasons I moved back here.
  8. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

Personally mine are plain and simple, straight to the point, sometimes to much info is bad, Gotta remember you have 3 seconds to catch their attention. People are lazy to much info will turn them off. Just looked at some of my old flyers, Man its good to look back at how far i have actually come. Good Luck to all this season its coming to fast!!!!

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

PARADISE PROS.....Proffesional?;) :) Did ya get many responses from that one?:laugh: j/k

10. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

That was interesting and brave of Ron to share those.

For the new guys who are looking for advertising ideas, let me just say that I think it is a bad idea to emphasize price. Not everyone is motivated by price. One example... somebody new moved into one of my neighborhoods. I have no need for more customers so I wasn't pursuing more work. This person found somebody new to cut their lawn for $28. They had all new equipment, employees, nice truck. But the homeowner was *concerned* about hiring them because of the low price. This competitor actually got the homeowner to pay for 10 cuts in advance. Anyway, the homeowner just was not happy with the quality of the work. He shopped around for a replacement, and he approached me about possibly doing it. I gave him the highest price out of all the others, at $45 per cut. Guess who he chose to go with? It was me, the most expensive. Because price was not the customer's priority. It was quality that mattered most to him.

Just something to think about.

You can really hurt yourself by under-pricing your service. It can be hard to recover from when you are just getting started.