Some Of My Recent Work

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MRBsx2, Sep 3, 2007.

1. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Here are a few pics of some of the jobs i have been workin on. I do not do any of the landscaping in the pictures i only do excavating,hardscape and Masonry.

2007 work 065.jpg

2007 work 061.jpg

2007 work 091.jpg

2007 work 087.jpg

1st work group 054.jpg

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great man. Did you saw cut all the joints on the irreg flag or did you chisel each peice?

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

nice,

are those bluestone caps curved, or did you have to cut them that way? Also what size blade did you use to cut colored bluestone walkway? thats a real smooth inside curve!

4. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

seems like you main man in pic 3 hasen't done a thing all day, he's not even dirty. good job, nice clean lines. what is the step down in the rock wall?

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Nice looking Redbud's......pain to find here right now.

Flagstone stoop....I would suggest 2 things. The riser, use a different stone for contrast. The joints of the riser I would not do flush.......say 1/4" deep. That way small shadows are cast and you really get the detail of each stone.

Whats going on with the stacked wall? Is that a water feature?

6. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the complements, Mrusk i saw cut all those joints on the flagstone i always cut all my flag stone jobs so i get the same size joint throughout i hate flag work that has fat joints it looks like a boot did it. Grn Mtn those bluestone step treads are all traced from a wood template cut and then the edges burned to look natural again when im doing flat work i always use a 12" blade so that you can cut tight corners and curves also use a grinder sometimes. Copblk ill have to get you some more pics of the wall in that pic that is the over flow for the huge pond that that wall is holding back the wall is almost 300ft long and double sided stone. Tthomas i wanted to use different stone on those risers but we had to keep low on budget im also doin flagstone on there breezway porch of that same house will post pics when i finish.

7. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Question on laying wet. Do you have to have those large joints or can you make smaller ones? I've only laid bluestone dry before. i hate the way those big mortared gaps look. great work by the way!

8. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

BigVic you can have any size mortar joints you want. Those joints on that porch that i posted are only 3/8" to a 1/2" at the biggest they might look big in tha pic but there not sometimes we do wet lay bluestone with no mortar joint at all.