1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Some of my stuff

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by James Cormier, Mar 7, 2004.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

who says freak...lol. im embarassed for you
  2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

3. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

4. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Then why does your lettering all claim "complete lawn care" what is so "complete" about "fertilizing only" ??? not to beat on ya I'm just curious how you do the complete package only offering one service.

Sorry if this offends but they're the biggest peice of crap mistake that was ever produced. The engine is the only thing good about them. Those vans are so cheap and flimsy they're just a waste of good sheet metal... everything on them is so light and cheap and flimsy (why do you think it gets such good fuel mileage? Cuz its made light=junky)
    If you like it get one but every mechanic I know runs when they see one coming, its a nightmare...... and I talk to and deal with gobs of mechanics every day, since I work at a parts store..
    I think I'd rather get a regular box van or box truck... lots more room and way heavier duty.

Take what I just said as constructive critizism not hard bashing...looks like you have a good thing going and a very nice setup, I'm envious... Keep up the good work!
  6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Eric, In my area, or I would guess all of New England, most people think of lawn care as the fert chemical end, and Landscaping as the mowing, construction end of the business. Not that either is better then the other.

Complete on my truck means alot more then just fert. Ive been a licensed applicator for 21 years in my state. Ive been the director of agronomic training for several companies and treated thousands of lawns over the years. I make sure the potential customer knows this and thats a big part of the complete package they get, not just a kid with a truck and a mower that says he can fert the lawn as well. ( Im not implying that is you, Im just answering your question that you asked )

So most trucks that have landscaping on the side, are usually pulling a trailer with mowers, blowers, shovels and rakes. And most trucks saying lawn care have sprayers, spreaders and Fert.

We use to be a full service company that provided everything( Landscaping & Fert ) but sold off the landscaping end of it.

Again, I am only talking about my area, I realize other areas things maybe different.