Some Of todays work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Kglenn04, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Kglenn04

Kglenn04 LawnSite Senior Member

my belt tends to slide anyone know why that might happen or how I can fix that?

b4.jpg

IMAGE_664 after.jpg

IMAGE_666.jpg

IMAGE_667.jpg

any one know y.jpg

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

the tension on the pulleys should be able to be adjusted.

3. FDuce

FDuce LawnSite Member

Your drive pulley is set up for 2 v-belts, not 1 flat belt. This causes your current flat belt to ride on the top of the pulley, not in the groves like 2 v-belts are supposed to. Get the correct belts.

4. Kglenn04

thats what I was thinking thank you for the insite.

5. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I don't think its your belt. Had the same issue with my scag. Turned out the bearing for the belt spindle was bad, causing it to wobble and slip off. It will get worse over a few weeks. Right before the pulley in pic. There is a bearing holder w/ two bolts. Its bolted to the frame. the bearing is purely blown out.
    Its the bearing the shaft sits on. You got me. check to see if there is any play.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  6. dura to the max

from georgia

wider belts are made w/ two v's in them. im kind of agreeing w/ the last poster about the bearing as well as sticking w/ my previous post.

7. dura to the max

from georgia

this aside from your original post. you have a great start-up rig. low cost, efficient, and the tools you need to make money. i would begin to phase that ryobi stuff out in the near future, but its a great rig for start-up.

oh, and your blower needs a fuel cap...maybe your the reason for the fuel shortage...

8. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

When you strip let the deck hang over a bit each pass, keep width (one size), otherwise keep up the good work..TC

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Wheres the gas cap on the blower?!?

10. Kglenn04

Thank you everyone tomorrow im going to take a look at the spendls as well as get a tighter belt because I have way to much slack on the left belt now that I think about it, you guys are great