Some of you are a little harsh on an up and coming businessman

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Mar 30, 2011.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

DVS good post. But if I remember right, you were very harsh on the rising start mrusk a few years ago.

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Now its the new and improved version of DVS

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Ha ha!

I still am harsh on you. And you weren't 18. Others have been for stern on putting you back in your place. You need to lose the attitude, you've gotten better. Just like when one enters the military. Everyone is the same. They don't care if you were the captain of the football team. They don't care if you were mommy's boy. They don't care if your dad is the Founder and CEO of Goldman Sachs. What they care about is effort and determination.

4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Rusk meant to say "rising star"
    and the letter actually stated "good breeding?"
    but anyway, sounds like the guy has some real fortitude, and thats a good thing.

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

The guy who wrote that was a customer that was one of the top lawyers in our area. He's a hard man to please. One of the most loyal clients i have also. He called me the other day saying if i lost any business because there was a guy in our area charging 13 per cut and 35 for a spring clean up for his yard(1/4acre). My price is 22 per cut and 165 for a spring clean up.

He then referred me to three of his neighbors who have been going with the lowballer for quite sometime and finally decided to get a service that was charging the correct amount for quality work.

6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

kudos to you, Delong-sounds like your headed in the right direction. MI. is a tough climate to operate in, especially these days. Ohio is right there with ya.