Some old (scrap?) equipment pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Jun 18, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

This is one of my Dad's jobs he's working on with the new ZX75, he gave me the royal tour and showed me an old International T-6 with an Isaacson Dozer frame, we aren't sure what will happen to it, I hate to see it go for scrap, so I will contact KoO PDQ.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the blade, excellent shape and it can be manually angled:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's an old loader for one of the old Farmall Tractors:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this old truck, I would love to do a complete restoration with a Cummins under the hood!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The box is in excellent shape for something that was buried under black berries for 20 years!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Some old antique stuff there :laugh:

The old Loadstar International with a Reliance box is older than the hills. Can't get a reliance box anymore the company went out of business the old dozer is a yard ornament.

With the price of scrap at 280 dollars a ton that old dozer is probably worth 1000 dollars and the old truck 1400 dollars.

3. bobcat_ron

It's still going to be a shame though, if I was rich and famous again, Id tear that whole truck apart and re-build it with a 325 hp Cummins in it and paint it fire engine red, that would be eye and ear candy.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats scrap for sure!!! one of my dads buddies had a huge old as **** clark wheel loader they just scraped out. they started it up and drove it off the trailer is the sad part.

5. Gravel Rat

Lots of good old junk is heading off to the scrap yards because the price is so good right now. Scrap metal is at record high prices because China has a big demand for it.

6. bobcat_ron

And don't forget India, their new "Tata" car, the little POS that makes even a SMART car look safer, those cheap ass East Indians are cutting costs on their new cars, eliminating 2 out of the 5 required lug nuts on each wheel will save them almost 2 bucks per car!!

7. Gravel Rat

Pretty soon somebody in Vancouver will be importing Rickshaws :laugh:

The residents of Richmond would probably feel like they are back at home :laughing: