Some people got nerve!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LB Landscaping, Apr 16, 2004.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Was talking with a customer at a job today and my phone rang, usually I let it go if I'm with someone but the customer insisted. I answer it (he knows how crazy this time of year is). Anyway it's another customer kind of a PITA, messy yard but it's right in the middle of my route. She goes on to say that she has called me 3 times to schedule her spring clean-up why wasn't it done yet??? She got real snappy and insisted that I put her on the "top of my list." Here's the kicker, she still owes me for Feb & March plowing. I wish I wasn't with a customer when she called , I tryed to be as polite as possible with her but I was fuming inside. Anyway I explained to her that we are getting through them as quickly as possible and reminded her that it has rained half of the last 2 weeks. It kills me that she has the nerve to ***** me out while still owing me for previous services. I'll be calling her tonight and as soon as I get my check I'll be dropping her quick!!!!!:blob2: :blob2:
  2. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

wow, that's an easy one, should have just told her you can't do any work until you recieve payment in full on her account.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Charlies is right. She's way past the 30 day column!
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Yeah I know, I definatly wouldn't do the work without a check first. Just amazes me that people can be such a PITA. She owes me money but still thinks she deserves "priority treatment."
  5. Blade O Grass

Blade O Grass Banned
    from NC

My hubby had a lady insist that her lawn be priority, but she would only pay after running real late on payments each month. Nice yard but not worth it. I say drop em.
  6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I told a customer exactly those words.

Joe Smoe Customer " Why have'nt you guys done my lawn yet, it's been over a week"

My response " why have'nt you paid your invoices, it's been over 4 months"

Payment arrived 2 days later.:D